What should I do if my Whirlpool Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater is not producing hot water?
CAUTION: Before attempting any corrective actions, ensure the power to the water heater is turned off at the circuit breaker/fuse box to ensure your safety.
- Possible Cause: No power to the water heater (No lights on the unit are on).
- What To Do:
- Check for a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
- Restore power to the unit.
- Possible Cause: Unit is in Vacation mode.
- What To Do: Press the Mode/Enter button and return to the desired operating mode.
- Possible Cause: High temperature limit switch is open.
- What To Do: Reset the high temperature limit switch. Refer to the “Safety shut-off” section in the manual for more information.
- Possible Cause: Hot water usage pattern exceeds the capability of the water heater in its current mode.
- What To Do: Change to a different mode or modify your hot water usage patterns.
- Possible Cause: The upper temperature sensor is not functioning.
- What To Do: Contact a qualified technician for service.