Depending on where you live and how you use a hybrid, you can save up to $480 per year in energy costs. We’ve developed a simple payback period or return on investment (ROI) calculator to help you calculate how much you can expect to get in return on your upfront investment in a hybrid electric heat pump water heater. In addition, you get a rough estimate as to how much you might expect to save over the lifetime of your water heater.
Got questions? Contact us here.
Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater Payback Calculator
- Enter any available rebates being offered by your utility not already covered in the price above.
- Enter any local or federal tax incentives you'll receive from the purchase of new hybrid water heater.
- Enter the price you pay on average for a kilowatt hour (kWh) of energy. The national average is $.13.
- Enter the average amount of kilowatt hours (kWh) of energy used by your existing water heater. You can typically find this on the Energy Guide label on your water heater. Older electric water heater can use anywhere from 4,500 to 5,000 kWh per year.
- Enter the kWh of energy used by your new hybrid water heater typically around 800 kWh
document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() );